Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Happy Birthday Louie




I already mentioned Louie, Egay’s (my cousin) first-born child, which I already considered my own in the other blog (Grace Amid Adversity). She’s the kid we are talking about that kept me going amid my ordeal. Well, our little angel turned one last Saturday, 16 September 2006.

In the Dora the Explorer theme, guests were treated into an afternoon of puppet shows, games and fun. I bought a Chicco electronic toy turtle as a gift. Guests trickle down by 4 pm and everyone was happy.

I remembered a year ago when her father, Egay, called and sought my help when her mom, Arlene, was rushed to the Manila Doctor’s Hospital that only turned out a false alarm. When the real thing happened I was in the middle of an event at work. So, I just arrived at the hospital after Louie was born. When I saw her in the nursery, she was so meek and beautiful. After two days, I took her picture through my phone and never erased it ever since. I was reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gardner then. Then I learned they are naming her Sophie Louise. I hope she grow as smart as Sophie.

Anak, I hope you read this one day and I hope that you’ll realize that Daddy Ninong is so proud of you. You are the one who encouraged me to rise up from my illness and continue to live again. I hope to dance with you on your 18th birthday and who knows, even give you the European tour, that your mum is wishing for you.

No comments: