Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Jerick on the 4th Quarter of 2008

I miss the short blogs. And I’ll try to make this one as short as possible. I’m also keen to do the bullet form today so here’s what happened to me towards the last quarter of 2008:

October: It seems that having a nightlife is now really impossible and my doctor recommended that I should not live alone. So, I abandoned my good old pad in Pasay and started to go home to Bulacan everyday. I also headed the Ceremonial Team of the Global Forum on Migration and Development held in Manila last October. It came out very successful though grueling for my condition. My teammates are very supportive and I thank all of them.

November: It seems that I’m pulling a punching bag whenever I walk even just five steps. It is physically impossible for me to carry anything. At the International Bazaar Foundation, I spent the day seated while the others are busy shopping. When I came home we decided to go to the doctor right away. I was confined for a week and approximately 4 gallons of water was extracted from my body (thanks to furosemide). I never imagined I was so bloated till got the numbers and measurements of liters and liters of water coming out of my system. I was 250 pounds (which is evident in my photos) because of water retention. When I was sent home, I got this brand new laptop. I got wired through residencia wifi that kept me from boredom. The miracle of God, expertise of Dr. Panlilio and the protein diet of PHC dietician Elaine Bañares (who I never got to thank) worked wonders for me. I started to feel like a normal person again without the excess baggage. I am now strictly limited to drinking 1.8 liters a day.

December: I had a new trainee that would soon take charge of my office desk, her name is Jazmine. The Residencia Friday Group (RFG) had a Christmas Party last Dec. 16 sans my drinking (oh well). I never get to shop for the holidays because the late bonuses (hehe). So, I shopped during the clearance sales instead. The RFG Girls almost cleared Robinson’s Star Mills and SM Pampanga on the 26th. Then came Michelle’s birthday celebration that same day which overlapped during the first few hours of my birthday. Almost the whole of my birthday was spent at the airport for my friend Jane’s departure for Tokyo then Joey, Cris (my brother Joey’s boo) and I went to the Divine Mercy Shrine for the 6 pm mass.. I was at the airport the next day to send off Consul General Manalo to Frankfurt. The whole of the 29th was spent sleeping and watching indie pinoy films while the 30th was for shopping for fruits. The eve of the New Year was rainy and the smog is at its worst at about 1 am.

I am now here in Baguio with the Evangelista Clan on a New Year’s night, very cold and lonely. New Year, new beginning, new life, New….

Something will happen. Watch out for it soon.

I guess I haven’t succeeded in posting a short and bullet form blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope 2009 brings you some comfort and happiness...wishing you all the best!

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I think warm-hearted post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to study the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice and intrestingss story.