Monday, September 11, 2006

Desperate Housewives, Lost and the Scramble for RC



I already said I was with my doctor last September 4. My doctor called me up at midnight just to tell me that my prothrombin time soared high (14.0! normal is 1.7-2.9). He advised me not to go to work. And that I be careful not to accidentally bump my head or trip at any rate. He told me to go to the hospital the next day and stay within the hospital premises.

So there I was the next day scared as hell as I wait for results of my yet another protime test. When I decided to stay at Tita Leony’s in Cubao than die of boredom at the Heart Center. I found Tita Leony’s daughter-in-law, Kat, addicted to the Korean telenovelas compressed by season in one dvd. She offered the Desperate Housewives Season 1 dvd. When I got home I immediately started it. And I never came out of room that week.

Desperate Housewives lets you have a feel of being omnipotent, a god who knows all secrets and the dirty laundry of the neighbors of Wisteria Lane, Fairview County. I only went out of my room just to eat, that my mom became so worried. (I even peed in an arinola in my room!) It is that addictive and will make you and anti-social freak.
(We had a family gathering Sept 6, and all I did at the party was to eat and go back to my room afterwards). My first encounter with the Desperate Housewives started one Sunday when Orlee asked me to watch the Studio 23 telecast. I vaguely understood my first episode because it was already the Season 2 then. I asked Orlee (through text messages) the circumstances every time a scene came up and totally understood it after Season 1.

The character of Bree Van de Kamp (Marcia Cross) totally amazes me. I freak out at her totally Stepford way of life and how she lives a cheerful lifestyle in spite of problems besetting her family. The accident prone Susan Mayer (Teri Hatcher) reminds me of my stupidity sometimes. The drama, murder and mysteries of DH makes you watch for more.

That Thursday (7 Sept) I got hold of Lost Season 1 and 2. I watched it per Orlee’s advice. It looks very boring at the first episode. How will a story of 48 castaways in an island progress into two seasons of 17 episodes each? But I totally freaked out when the castaways found out the French woman on the island. I wonder how the writers of that series ever think of twists and turns of the story. I told Orlee that if I was one of those writers my nose would be bleeding right now.

I went back to my apartment yesterday, 11 September 2006, when the greatest catastrophe happened in my life. I forgot my dvd player’s remote control in Bulacan! I felt so helpless that I even broke a few buttons. I’m in the middle of LOST season 1 and my dvd player cannot operate without the remote! Thank God, my cousin Au is an angel, she brought the remote just now, all the way from Bulacan. And I don’t wanna be disturbed tonight.

No comments: