Monday, September 04, 2006

Drama Fest on its Second Week


I'm writing this in an internet cafe at about 10:15 pm.

I went undertime from work today because I had a check up. It's my second week at work. I'm beginning to feel lazy shuttling from hospital to hospital for my check up. I've been to San Juan De Dios hospital for the prothrombin time test, got the results at 4 pm and went to Heart Center for a check up. The doctor said I have to repeat the test since he did not trust the findings of the other hospital. I stayed at the hospital till about seven pm, got lost riding jeepneys along Timog Avenue, then I started to curse while riding the MRT.

I still remember what the doc told me about my meds:

Coumadin - it makes the blood thinner and would prevent stroke , I should have the proper dose or else I'll have bruises and bleeding (that is what the prthrombin time is for)

Cordarone - it would prevent sudden death -- creepy

Lanoxin - would regulate the heart beat

Lifezaar- is an ace inhibitor -- whatever that is

Aldizide - a diuretic.

Do you feel that you're reading medical transcriptions everytime you read my blog? I'm sorry guys but this is my outlet. I just feel like I have to tell someone of my misery. Kayo lang ba ang nagsasawa? AKO DIN SAWANG SAWA NA!

Of course after the consultations the drama begins. While riding the MRT, I realized that everytime I go to my doctor, I am reminded that I would eventually die. Maybe not that soon but in the near future. Tears suddenly fall from my eyes and started to tell my cousin Egay through text of what I feel. What I need is a miracle. Everytime I see a new horizon, I fear death. Whenever I lose hope, I become ready to embrace mortality.

Anyways, Orlee and I are supposed to watch the "Devil Wears Prada", but the traffic and the extra time in the hospital didn't permit us. He asked me how was my consultation. I told him that we should shun the topic and talk about happy things. But he'll be informed of the significant findings once it surfaces. We had dinner instead and had coffee at Shangrila just like the old times. Again, let me remind you that it's been two months since I lived alone or had dinner and coffee or movie with Orlee. Too bad he's now based in Cavite.

Will you still remember me after a this blogs? If I stopped doing this, will that mean something happened to me? Only God knows. And I need your prayers for courage, even if it will not entail a miracle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Do not quite understand what is at stake.