Saturday, August 12, 2006

First Blog Last Heartbreak

26 June 2006
I was in high spirits when i went to work. I am working on a new project, the RP-Australia Bilateral Consultations on Counter Terrorism with my officemate Lai. It was a Monday, and I only got preps for it just last Friday, on the sidelines of the play, "Godot, Where is You", which i've seen with Orlee before the weekend. I felt a numbing pain on the chest after i went to the bank at lunchtime and decided to call the day off. I slept half the day at the pad, praying i would be better the next day.I also texted my cardiologist that i would see her the next day.

27 June 2006
It's another busy day at the office. Papers flying everywhere.We were scheduled to have our ocular inspection of the Hyatt Hotel at 3 pm for our bilateral consultations the next day. I decided to go to the doctor after the oculars. The chest pain is still there and i breathing heavily. I texted Orlee that instead of meeting somewhere else, he should go to UST hospital instead. I saw my doctor. She ruled out i should go to the lab for some tests. Orlee stayed with me till i get the results. it turned out to be fine. The doctor advised me to go home and rest. And I may go to work the next day.

28 June 2006
After having my breakfast, Lai and I went straight to the Hyatt Hotel for the D-day. We arranged the seating arrangements and helped in the registration. It was quite stressful for nameplates change every now and then. Before lunchtime, my chest pain intensified. I stayed at the secretariat room. My feet became numb that i couldn't stand anymore. Lunch was served and I barely touched it. I only had my dessert and proceeded to arranging the break-out rooms. After that, i saw stars in my eyes... and everything seems to darken... AND THAT WAS WHEN I FELT.... I'M LOSING EVERYTHING...
The driver ( Mang Juanitez) rushed me to the emergency room of the UST Hospital. They found out my blood pressure dropped to 60/30 and asked me how could i manage to stay awake. A lot of doctors were beside me checking my blood pressure. Medical equipments beeped that it seemed like forever. I called up my brother Joey and became impatient that they are not yet at the hospital. My phone rang wildly, one phone call was answered by the doctor.... It was Orlee's call and all I heard when i was half asleep was... HE IS STILL NOT STABLE.
My right hand was inserted with a heplock and my arm was inside an automatic sphymomanometer that measures blood pressure every ten minutes. After an hour or so... the doctors relaxed... some clapping their hands... my bp is no 90/60 and still getting better. The doctors left me with the chest pain. I was treated with isokeit(?) solution for chest pain. And I never felt so alone in my life.
My brother arrived... with tita miling and my mom. My mom stayed at the lobby of the hospital because she cant bear to stay at the emergency room. The doctors told me i should be confined at the ICU (wow!). I told them I'm still awake! Those who go to ICU are hopeless cases! I was wheeled in to the CVU instead. The Cardio Vascular Unit are for those with heart ailments. Most patients are at their 70's with tubes inserted in every part of the body that you could think of. Orlee came much later in the evening.. and that is the longest day of my life.

29 June - 6 Jul 2006
I do not like my doctors. I just can feel it. It is not DR. Aileen Cynthia Llarena, the PHILAMCARE doctor. The evil doctor sisters DR. Graziella Garayblas-Gonzaga and Dr. E. Gonzaga-Monzon (beware of them, MEDICARD doctors) are the witches that haunt me in my sleep. I don't seem to get better everyday unlike under the care of Dr. Llarena. It seems that they are keeping me in hospital for a long time. There is also a drastic change in medications and procedures done on me at the hospitals. Most meds are done orally which made my IV useless! Good thing there's tv in the CVU i got to watch Pacquiao's fight, CNN, the Lifestyle Network and National Geographic. Another good thing with the witch doctors is that they are honest enough to tell me I could experience sudden death anytime. They told me I got a clot in my left ventricle (which is just a suspicion before) and my heart only has 28% rate of infraction.

ROOM 2006
My CVU room is 2007 just across room 2006. There's a small window at the door with blinds that let's you see what's inside room 2006. In my imagination, I met tatang. Tatang barely moved and looks like he's bedridden for a long time.I told Tatang on the night of June 24 that he should go to sleep and I'm praying for his speedy recovery. Joey, my brother, and Jeffrey, my hospital watcher, heard me say this and told me to stop hallucinating.
On the wee hours of 25 June 2006, just before Pacquiao's fight, I heard Joey and Jeffrey scramble to the door's window and witness how Tatang is being revived. Tatang died that morning. In the small window, I could still remember how his relatives wept and how he is being wrapped for the morgue. I wonder if I'll suffer the same fate.
During Pacquiao's fight RM 2006 was empty. The nurses watched the Pacquiao- Larios fight in that room. At about 7 pm another occupant was wheeled in at RM 2006. He's about my age. But he looks like he's married. I never ever dared to hallucinate talking to that guy just like what i did to Tatang. But at 11 pm he had a mayday. Before the day ended, he suffered the same fate as tatang. RM 2006 was empty again but during my remaining days at the CVU i never dared to look at the door's window nor be interested in the next occupant of RM 2006.

THE EVIL STEP SISTER
I wonder why i was kept at CVU for a long time. There are no procedures done and no meds are given. My MEDICARD limit is depleting at the cost of 2000 pesos a day, the CVU rate. Nurses were also wondering. I asked the evil step sister and she said " you maybe discharged tomorrow, the next day or the day after". Hmmm... something is fishy.

6 July 2006
Finally LIBERATION! My family welcomed me back to the house. I was always emotional. I was crying when i saw my cousins and my godchild, Louie. I thought I may not see her again. I can barely walk. I can barely talk. And everyone's seem to be restraining me. It seems like I'm not myself anymore.

7 July 2006
Almost half of the Office of Protocol and State Visits visited me at the house in Bulacan. When I saw ASSEC Jerril Santos, I can't help but cry. I saw my dreams falling apart. When I saw my colleagues in Bulacan, it suddenly dawned on me that soon I'll be helpless and worst useless. I would like to thank my officemates who were there that day. You know who you are. You lifted my spirits and I know you are praying for me all the time.

I also found out that I passed the qualifying portion of the FSO Exams (wow after eight years!)

(to be continued)

No comments: