Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Eulogy for a Lost Love


"Never knew I could feel like this. Like I've never seen the sky before"
The first time I saw you, there's nothing extraordinary
But there's this spark that I saw in your eyes
We were not given a chance then
To know each other more

After two years I saw you again
Now the magic stayed
And became enchanted to your smile
We braved the rapids of Rio Grande
And dared to walk in Victoria Park and Brooklyn

We held our hands under the blue moon
And very grateful that at least
we're under it, at times that we're apart

"I want to vanish inside your kiss, everyday I love you more and more"

We learned to dream and soar high
We dreamed of a living in a place very far
Where lights never falter
We dreamed that we could explore the world together

We shared our thoughts on almost everything
We cared so much for Chinese Taipei
Even agreed that ASEAN should have a single currency
And argued on Ada's fate in a musical

Geography, the Arts and History are our passion
We went to museums on every occasion
We stared at works of art for hours
Even elaborated historical dioramas on top of our lungs
We argued on the differences of a country and a state
And agreed that Puerto Rico will never be a part of the United Nations parade
Even though it has a Miss Universe representative

"Listen to my heart can you hear it sing? Telling me to give you everything
Seasons may change winter to spring, I love you, until the end of time
Suddenly the world seem such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
And all revolves around you"

Then tragedy struck
I kept my condition from you
as long as I can bear
You held me in your arms in my hospital bed
Valentine's was canceled that year
Instead I was brought to the cardio vascular unit

You made me live again
You've been so patient
Even though at times of self-pity
I shoo you away

You gave me a reason to live again
To fight for my life
To fight for you and my family
I embraced immortality
Just by having you by my side

When we're in each other's arms
Life seems so simple
I felt safe
I felt secure
I felt important
I felt like I'm the most beautiful person in the world
I felt like I'm irreplaceable

"And there's no mountain to high, no river too wide
Storm clouds may gather and stars may collide
I love you until the end of time
I will love you until my dying days"

But whatever happened to paradise?
You left me at the wake of my ultimate sadness
I gave you time to think
And became ready to any eventuality

In spite of that, I thank you for your honesty
I believe you have fulfilled your mission
I believe God sent an angel in your person
To wake me up and be closer to Him

Thanks for the memories
I will love you forever
So what happens now?
We better not ask anymore

I'll miss you

In memory of a lost love
(January 10, 2006 - February 6, 2007)


Belated Happy Valentine's to Everyone

No comments: