Sunday, July 24, 2011

Not in my Lifetime

As I was doing this blog a hundreds of same sex couples have been waiting for their turn to get married at NY City hall partaking a piece of the shining moment in LGBT history. Looking back from the time that I discovered who I am through a Fil-Am gay New Yorker's website, I would say that I can't believe that this is happening in my lifetime. I do not believe in marriage (I need more convincing) but I believe that everyone, straight or not, has that innate right to marry anyone he or she wishes to be for the rest of his/her life.
Last June 26, my friend Remil and I went to watch the pride march that is very different from the pride march I saw last year. I have not enjoyed the march that well because my dad is the one on my mind, he lies at the hospital ICU. But what a relief when he said to me that with God's help, he'll be able to join me in watching the pride march next year (again I cannot believe this, this can't happen in my lifetime) i also read the book Stonewall:The Riots that Sparked the Gay Revolution an autographed book by the author David Carter which I bought last year. It is such an interesting book thoug very technical on the history on how the LGBT organizations sprouted after the riots. I would never thought that this events would really happen in my New York adventure, not even in my lifetime.

No comments: