Friday, October 06, 2006

The Miracle of Hope




There can be miracles When you believe Though hope is frail It's hard to kill Who knows what miracles You can achieve When you believe Somehow you will, You will when you believe
- from the movie "Prince of Egypt"

I already mentioned that my family and I are attending healing masses at the Divine Mercy Shrine in Marilao, Bulacan (see my blog “REAL”). Tomorrow will be our 11th Saturday. I always see the same people every Saturday that I called them “classmates”. There’s this guy, battling cancer through chemotherapy, with his wife and 3 girls, a guy, about my age, with parents that are both disabled, a woman with a “special” brother and a kid with a weird device attached to his head. There came a time when I wondered if we would still “classmates” when it’s time to embrace the light

My mom often cries while looking at me, feeling helpless, then I pity her and cry too. We got over our helplessness on our 9th Saturday. But on my 10th Saturday I felt the urge to sob. I saw my “classmates” line up during my offertory. I felt thankful that I can do the things I never thought I could do again. While some still cling to their hope of a miracle, some are thankful for the blessings they got. I realize I have nothing to wish for but to hope that my “classmates” get their prayers answered.

I suggest you should believe in miracles. I am the living proof.

God will make a way, if I will be true to him and serve him.
God will hear my prayer, if I will be true to him and serve him
There are wonderful things coming your way, if we walk the path of Jesus.

You can, when you believe.

(related link: http://marian.org/shrine)

No comments: